Sometimes when I looked at people around me, I felt miserable and at the same time jealous. I always thought I was the only one who was always struggling and in pain. When I looked at others I wondered "Why am I the only one? Why are these people happy? Am I the only one who doesn't really understand the meaning of the word "fun" ?" As I grew up I began to understand maybe I am not the only one. There were people who had much worse situations than I did. I don't really know if all the people in the world face different problems with the same intensity as everyone else, but everybody has there own hardships and has there own way of tackling it. Over the years, I figured I may not be in the worst of worst situations. I am really blessed in so many ways and I will always be thankful to the almighty for giving me everything that I could only dream of.
Every person is born for a reason and they have a purpose in this world. I strongly believe in that and even though I don't really know what my purpose is, I am going to give it the best shot, live my life and put it to good use. Because you never know what will happen tomorrow. Life is unpredictable, one day we have everything we could only dream of and the next day its gone. When we were young, we didn't know what is right and what is wrong, we didn't know who is trust worthy and who is not. As we grow up, we make mistakes, we fall and we learn. Some people just don't, while others learn to bounce back and make sure it never happens again. I am one of the people who made mistakes and learned my worthy lesson and decided not to ever go back to doing the same mistakes again. Over the years, life has taught me so much that when I look back I realize how much of a douche bag I was. And this post is my conscious effort to list down some of the lessons I learned in my life over the years.
- Don't trust anyone with your heart unless you know them for quiet a long time. Again knowing them for quiet a long time doesn't necessarily mean they are trust worthy enough. People change and feelings change. There are only a small section of people in this world that has this so called warm heart and loyalty.
- Do not get emotionally attached to anyone because at some point they will leave and you are left with nothing but a wounded shitty heart. It hurts really bad, trust me.
- In every phase of your life, someone will come along and I believe that every person who comes into your life has something to teach you. They would either come as a blessing or a lesson.
- There is a phase in life where our parents are the biggest enemies. As that phase comes to an end, you realize how stupid you were and you begin to regret everything that you put them through. Parents are a blessing, at least for a majority of us. Cherish them and love them for as long as we can because they will never do things that brings us harm. I will always forever cherish them and be there for them for all the things they have done and sacrificed for me.
- Everything we do comes back to us sooner or later- whether its good or bad. So I want to make sure that I do the right things and stay away from anything that harms anyone.
- Trust me when I say nobody in this world really cares about your problems nor your well being. People are sick minded and selfish. Whether you have a huge number of people in your circle as friends, lovers and relatives or not, when you are in hardship nobody would give a damn. They would see you struggle, listen to your problems and probably even sympathize and that's it. They leave it right there and at the end you are alone and you need to figure a way out yourself.
- Don't bluntly follow your heart always because it will only cause you trouble. Sometimes, we fall in love and we think that its the biggest thing happend to us and we ignore the people who warn us that this could harm us if we continued. We start hating them and follows our heart and at some point we realizes "we were wrong all along". Just like somebody quoted : "Follow your heart but take your brains with you"
- Always think twice or thrice before taking any major decisions. Never entrust it to others or decide on your own. Both can bring about terrible consequences.
- Low expectations are a good strategy. It always worked for me.
- Worrying about anything solves nothing. Either act on it or just try to get past it.
These are some of the things I learned in my life, I do have a lot more but I guess these are some of the major things that changed my perspectives and the way I think. These are just my view points and what I felt over the years.
Always stay true to yourself and keep people in your life that will change it for the better.
“Surround yourself with people that reflect who you want to be and how you want to feel, energies are contagious.” -Anonymous